Has anybody approached Johnny Lightning toys?

Guest Geoff Meador

Guest Geoff Meador

Has anyone approached Johhny Lightning toys (a Playing Mantis company) about the possibility of creating a Reatta die-cast toy?<P>They seem to enjoy producing obscure, special, or forgotten cars.<P>They've been quite good to the American Motors (AMC) scene, with an few AMX varieties, a Rebel Machine, a S/C Rambler, and a Javelin, I believe.<P>For each of these, they've consulted with actual owners and used these owners' actual cars in the design process.<P>I'm sure the possibility of a "two-seaters" series could present itself. It could include the Reatta, Allante, and Fiero along with a slew of other makes and imports.<P>If no one has contacted them, I'd be happy to do so. I had a brief discourse with them about an AMC vehicle in the past.<P><A HREF="http://www.playingmantis.com/jl/" TARGET=_blank>Johnny Lightning Toys' Website</A><P>Geoff Meador

JL might just be about the only die cast manufacturer interested in a Reatta/Allante/two seater series. They have produced models of some pretty obscure cars that have been ignored by almost every other die cast manufacturer - '80s Lagonda, Cheetah, both 1969 and 1970 Cougar convertibles. Their series releases usually include six cars. Get them to add Kaiser Darrin, Nash Metropolitan, Playboy, Woodill Wildfire, King Midget, Cunningham, Delorean, Bricklin or Fiero and you could have a nice theme series of American two seaters that couldn't be profitably sold by the original manufacturers.