CAR WAX

s.zaban

Guest EDBS0

Used to be a wax "junkie" now all I use is <a href="http://www.zainobros.com/"> Zaino. </a><BR> zaino1.jpg <BR>You will have to Start with <P>Z-18; Zaino ClayBar (removes airborne & paint contaminants) <BR>Z-1; Zaino Show Car "Polish Lok" Pre-Cleaner & Gloss Conditioner<BR>Z-5; Zaino Bros' Z-5 Polish for swirl marks & fine scratches <BR>Z-2; Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish for clear-coated paint and finally <BR>Z-6; Zaino Bros' Ultra Clean "Gloss Enhancer" Spray.<P>Use these products according to directions in this order and you will have the best, most durabile and shiniest longest lasting finish you could ever imagine!!<P>Also rumored to regrow hair and increase bust size confused.gif" border="0 but not guaranteed wink.gif" border="0<P>Interesting you should ask. As I type the rims off my Reatta are in the dining room. I chemically stripped all the old yellowed clear finish off this afternoon and am now "waxing" them with Zaino after cleaning them with Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. Results are outstanding.<P> carduster <BR>You are also going to want a California Duster.<p>[ 05-25-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects ]

So right brother.....I'm looking at my car through the window after applying Z-2 yesterday and it is the shiniest car of the four around it. <BR>A thirteen years old weather-beaten car but glowing like brand-new. I hadn't used it since X-mas and I was amazed myself.<BR>Good stuff!!!!!

A friend of mine who has been showing '57 Chevy's for a lot of years recommended that I try Finish First products on my car. I did, and it looks great. With each coat, the shines looks deeper and deeper. I guess the better polish is more expensive, but I think it was worth it.

I've been using Meguires, seems OK, next time I'll try the Zaino. Which bottle should I try for hair regrowth? On a serious note, really! does the Ca. duster really work? never tried one.

Guest EDBS0

Get yee to Wallymart, they hardly cost anything there a fraction of the automotive speciality shops.<P><B>Yes</B> they really, <B>really </B>work.

I think the Allante forum reprinted, or someone actually did, a controlled comparison of the major wax products. The conclusion was that Zymol was #1 with the Zaino products a close 2nd. I recall that they used the Zymol 2-step process and the full Zaino treatment, but I have never seen anything but the Zymol wax. Not sure what the other step was.

Guest EDBS0

Zymol the average guy doesn't see or want to pay for!!! <A HREF="http://www.zymol.com/concour2.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.zymol.com/concour2.htm</A> <P><B>Regular $180 REDUCED TO ONLY $149.99</B><BR> cncpr.gif <P>Don't use this Zymol on your finish!!!! <A HREF="http://www.zymol.com/more.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.zymol.com/more.htm</A> grin.gif" border="0<p>[ 05-24-2002: Message edited by: Easily Distracted by Shiny Objects ]

Zymol makes some 'less expensive' waxes. I've just tried thier cleaner wax in a bottle; was blue, and about $6 at Walmart. I did three cars and am keeping a record of how well it holds up. Produced a GREAT shine. <BR>I've been partial to Meguiars produces; liking there Gold wax, and the cleaner wax in the purple bottle, but hasn't lasted very long. Maybe I expect too much for yearly waxing.

Guest RED891

Got a bottle of Zymol at K-Mart yesterday and did my 89 went on easy and no white dust coming off and the SHINE is great.... cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0

The best stuff that I found is "IBIZ". It is advertised as the #1 choice of professional detailers and car collectors worldwide. It is also the official wax of the Corvette Club of America. It cannot be found in stores. It is only $29.95 for a 32oz bottle which is enough to keep a car shinning and protected for many years.<P>It does not need many different products to obtain a clean protective shine. It is used by itsself. It contains UV and acid rain protection. You can mix it with water to wash your car for a fast touch-up shine.<P>I was using Maguires on my Corvette and was not happy with the brilliance or the embeded dirt in the paint. I used this on the Maguires and it removed the Maguires yellow overcast and the embeded dirt in the paint. The car shined like showroom after two applications. I can't say enough about this stuff. <P>For normal application, use with a damp cloth. The moisture activates it's cleaning ability. I use distilled water. You can use it in the direct sunlight in the heat of the day. It buffs off easily.<P>I am not affiliated. I like this product so much that I bought a case of it. It is less expensive by the case. You can call 1-800-367-7929 to order for $29.95 plus S&H, or I will sell you a bottle for $24.95 plus actual shipping costs.

Try Liquid Glass $16.99 at auto zone, I've been using it since 1987 on my cars,easy to use every coat gives a deeper and deeper shine and it lasts. I live in good old cold and miserable Chicago nad am very happy with the product. <P>Cheers

I AM LAZY!!! smile.gif" border="0 <BR>So, therefore, I use one of the aerosol waxes (I also sell it). Spray on -- wipe off. I tend to wax more often because it is less of a chore than the rub on -- rub offs.

While we're talking wax, we should talk applying the stuff. At a garage sale I recently bought one of those low RPM orbital waxers [NOT a rotary sander] that tries to mimic the human motion for applying wax. For $5 figured I'd try it on a spare fender. Used a rag over foam to apply Zymol. The real key is removing the wax. This came with a bonnet that looked like very stiff very open cell foam, which I was positive would leave ugly scratches all over the surface. Not only did it not leave scratches, but was wonderful at removing the dried wax without clogging. Then finished with the wool buffing bonnet. Again, because the unit rotates slowly while using a circular motion, it does not burn the paint or remove the finish. I then tried it on the Reatta and was able to do the whole car in around 2 hours from wash to finish. Far easier than waxing by hand, with very good results.