Has anyone noticed that we are getting some new regulars?

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

Guest SalG (Sal Grenci)

To all, My last question has gotten some good feedback. The list of regulars is growing and you folks seem to be here even in summer. I know there has to be more than the 2 dozen or so who comment frequently, the list of regulars is growing lets keep it up.SalG smile.gif" border="0

hvs,<P> This has the potential of being one of the more socially redeeming threads to ever appear on this forum. It could help us establish some understanding of our likes, dislikes, and irritants. Your question I suspect, is a rhetorical one that deserves some amplification. Would you please kick off the discussion with your views?<BR> Thanks, Tom

Its Summer! Prime cruising time and great events to go to, not to mention yard work (YUCK). I've been checking in often, but since i have no real knowledge to give, i just read the posts to learn something new. The chrysler is almost ready... just need that darn dash plastic!!!<P>Rick

Summer seems to improve my mental health. And, like others, I seem to have less time to check in with the same regularity.<P>I'll be back to my old cranky self when the weather turns sour again. That's when I seem to make my most controversial comments. I suspect the same condition affects some of the other regulars. wink.gif" border="0 <P>Jan K.<BR>Wis Region

This is a darn good site. No doubt about it.<P>Personally, I opted to be an "Observer" and only commenting in the Technical area when possible, such as the "Pot Metal" question recently.<P>I found that to get involved daily with various issues, sometimes hot ones, is total irritation. To post a comment leaves one to believe it is a "good 'ole boy network", being dominated by only a few gurus, some of which, are fairly insulting at times, but, are knowledgeable - no doubt. It is a shame, because I have met a few of these people, and, when in person, they are perfect gentlemen/ladies. If you make a statement that it certainly is sunny today, the few will tell you it is snowing and leave you feeling like a dim-wit. It is unfortunate, but, I feel better laying back as a "forum reader", enjoying the AACA local activities, National Meets, donating to the museum project when possible, working on getting more new people involved in the DP Class, etc. Found it is more fun this way.<P>Roughly a year, or, so, I posted that there are potential new members to the AACA reading the forum when the "few" were going at it with childish nonsense. My intent was not to let the potentials think that this was the majority, but, the "few". <P>My rule of thumb is never type anything that you would not say to the people reading it in person, to include "good 'ole manners".

for sure i have not been on this board for awhile and i bet you df "regulars" didn't miss me at all. been busy doing my thing, if you know what i mean? hope that heizmann critic doesn't think i am one of those insulting good ole boys, although i take offense at the mention of dim wits.<BR> confused.gif" border="0

MonicaL, I read Heizmann's post and I don't understand why you would take offense at "dim-wit". Please explain what is offensive about that.<P><BR>I agree with Heizmann 100%. I have followed this forum for about 1 1/2 years now and you have to admit that if a new person came on here and started reading some of the posts in mid stream, they could have a very strange 1st impression of what we are and what the AACA is all about. <P>I have a lot of respect for the longevity and perserverence of the members that have made this forum and club what it is today. I am a relative newcomer to AACA. I have been a member for about 7 years and I am in awe of people like hvs who has more judging credits than I could ever dream about. The dedication is amazing and I can understand the protectiveness and sometimes defensiveness. But I think patience and understanding for those of us that are fairly new to this hobby needs to be extended by some.<P>Last year I had started posting rather frequently but I got slammed by a few regulars for trying to help with some advice. I learned that I had overstepped my bounds and became mostly an observer. <P>Please take this as constuctive critisism or ignore it as it is only my 2 cents worth. Thanks

Guest BruceW

I may be wrong but I kinda thought the responses to the DF have slowed down some. There are still quite a few posts but the threads don't seem to be as lengthy. I don't know whether this is because its summer and everyone has something to do or if there just has not been as many intense postings (not necessarily meaning controversal)... as most of the posts lately seem to be adequately answered by 2 or 3 posts. <P>Maybe the activities of summer are keeping us too busy to be as philisophical as usual. grin.gif" border="0

randjflo60,<P>I've notice that you have brought this "slamming" bit up a couple times now. Since it was I that questioned you back then, I felt a small need to respond here.<P>I was NOT slamming you by no means. I was only questioning why you felt the need to come on and be so quick to send our members asking for help off to another site before any of us had a chance to offer assisitance. You came across with making it sound that we knew little about Chevrolets and that those on ChevyTalk were better qualified to answer. That's the reason I questioned you then. Maybe that wasn't your intentions, but that's the way I read it on a couple of your posts. There is nothing wrong with suggesting that the person try another forum in seeking help, but maybe giving us a chance with helping out our own members here first would be nice. Yes, I read ChevyTalk and find it to be one of the better sites, but I feel we have a pretty darn good one here too! <P>I hope you can find it in you to end the "slamming" talk. I don't come on here to slam anyone and that's the last thing I want anyone to think. I'm glad that you continue to join in here with us and I hope you don't stop.<BR> smile.gif" border="0 <BR>Rick

Guest rcirilli

I for one am really happy some new regulars have joined the form. Some of us old farts have instulted each other in a friendly way so often we need a break to just talk.<P>Then to sometimes we have to do more than just talk and it takes a little while to do that. <P>Now that I've confused everyone......It's all yours SALG!!!!!!!!!

As one of those relatively new "regulars", allow me to offer my 2 cents. When I first registered on this forum, I was a true "rookie". I had never spent any time in chat rooms or visited any other forums. Since I didn't know all the unwritten rules, some of my comments resulted in my being "slammed" by some of the old "regulars". This rude welcome to my comments was almost enough to make me leave this forum permanently, thinking "I don't need this CRAP!".<P>Some of you "Old Regulars" may recall jumping all over me for using that term! Since I am too stubborn (or too stupid) to back down from a battle of words, I have stayed on. rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P>My point is that before anyone jumps all over anyone for an assinine statement that you look at the number of posts the author has. If he is a rookie (few posts) help educate him in the ways of the forum. If this is not an excuse, feel free to kick butt! mad.gif" border="0 <P>I know that my rude welcome to the DF was almost enough to make me stay away and I would hate to see this same type of welcome scare away some other potential "Regular" whose skin isn't as thick as mine! shocked.gif" border="0