My Grandpa Frimand's Cars That I Wish I Had!

Here are some of my Grandpa Frimand's Cars that he owned, when he died in 1983 some 20-30 cars mostly Chryslers, Dodges,Plymouths and Desotos all orig. and in well maintained condition were sold off. The F-100 and the '41 stayed in my family, here are some pics. of the others! and a brief history:

1955 Ford F-100: My grandfather bought this sometime in the late 1960's or early 1970's, when he died in 1983 my Uncle got it, and it was in perfect condition and my Uncle let it go and he refuses to sell it to me (he does'nt like me much!)

1936 Plymouth: This car belonged to my great grandmother Frimand and somehow my Uncle got it from her and brought it from Paw Paw Michigan to S. CA. It was sold when he died.

1958 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron: He bought this in the late 1960's and it was all orig. and it was sold in 1983 when he died, I am looking for it! So, if anyone has seen an Imperial Lebaron, let me know!

post-52892-143137963434_thumb.jpg

post-52892-143137963439_thumb.jpg

post-52892-143137963441_thumb.jpg

post-52892-143137963443_thumb.jpg

post-52892-143137963445_thumb.jpg

Guest ZondaC12

Dude those late 50s imperials are the WEIRDEST lookin things, and by that I mean the overal rear of the car, mainly the roofline/rear window...I wonder if in its day it was looked at the same way a Pontiac Aztek is now! laugh.gif I do like the 58 though, it is a little odd but it's appealing too.

I love the Ford F-100. A friend of mine had the same problem you have. His Cousin got there grandpa's old Dodge truck. It was in perfect shape when he got it, but didn't take care of it and parked it out in the field to let it rot. He wouldn't sell it to my friend because they didn't get along at all. So my friend got someone his cousin didn't know buy it from him. Once his cousin found out what took place it was to late. The truck looks fantasic now.

That is a very good idea! when I get more $ I will enlist a friend of mine to assist me, but, the only problem is, is that the truck is in his backyard, and you can only see it from down the street for about 2 sec. I know one of my grandfather Frimand's friends and maybe I will enlist his help in the next year or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Wes

they all looked the same even back then apart from the grill surround and other minor issues . A lot of people say that modern cars lack caricature and that they all look the same , well they had industrial espionage even back in the 20s and 30s

Guest prof pat

Yes, it is a 1934 ford, two door sedan, delux, v/8. It would have been a 1933 if the grill curved. Also the 33 had only one hood release handle, while the 34 had two.

• 1 month later...