90' Riv parts

reatta90riviera

I will be parting out my 90’ Rivera. It's the last thing I thought I would do to her, but it's just too many problems for me to fix at this moment in time. I do hope to purchase an 89 Riviera someday in my future, to keep the Riviera spirit alive within me. Lol! I will be selling the rims and body parts. I will get pictures to those interested. Please contact me for additional information and pictures. Thank you! Have a great day! (Drive carefully out there! smile.gif )

I will be taking pics in the spring, when I can reach my riv easier. I also need to go through and see what is savible; since she does have little rust. I will be shining up the rims when I get them off. The the front seats are in rough shape, but the back seat was fine. I will update when I get more on what is still in good shape. Thank you! (Keep on truckin'!)

Guest steakneggs

I need the check valve off the master cylinder booster for a 90 riv brake assembly I am purchasing from the reatta forum that is lacking one. (I am converting the troublesome anti-lock reatta system over to a standard system). Please email me at gcpurks@verizon.net. Thanx, George

I tried to start it last year in December, but she just wouldn't start. At first we thought it was the cold; but she still wouldn't start in the spring. It was like she was trying, but nothing. I have had my friends (who own a couple reattas with me,) look at it for me; and they couldn't figure out what was causing her not to start. I also had a friend of the family take a look at her; he said there was oil in the antifreeze and antifreeze in the oil (or something like that. His words were slurding together. I caught him at the bar. Lol) I wish I had someone to help me out to figure out why she will not start. She was running fine up until then.

I will be using the master cylinder booster as a whole for one of my reattas that is being fixed. (those reattas, Lol! such beauty but such a pain...)

I have been "junkyard jumping" this last fall before the frost; and I did see a riv in Somerset Auto Salvage. It was way in the back. It was still in very good condition. I didn't have time to check under the hood, (searching for Fiero parts...) but maybe if you give them a call and ask if they may have it still in the riv. I also know that there is a couple other junked rivs out there in junk yards in the area. I found "junkyard jumping" to be very handy for search for a few hard to find parts. You never know what you will find in the back of a junk yard... smile.gif

• 2 months later...

Jennifer,

You might want to check out/replace the PassKey module on your '90 Riv. If it goes, the engine might crank but it won't let it fire up. The module is located way under the dash to the left of the steering column and back-to-back with theft deterrent module. Also, I have owned 3 3800 6 cyl Buick engines and have never run across oil in anti-freeze/anti-freeze in oil problem(typical in a blown head gasket). My current '92 Riv has 142K miles and no issue. These engines are not known for head gasket problems (as it was in the early Caddy Northstar engines). My '92 is also Midnight Blue Metallic...beautiful color!

• 2 months later...