The way it should have been made

D-a-n-i-e-l

I know I am not the first to install a supercharged engine in one of these beautiful automobles, and lets hope I am not the last. I know many of the people that own these cars believe that they should be left alone, but I believe they were built to be driven and enjoyed. My tune is not finished but the diffrence in the power of these two engines is amazing. The extra 40 or so horses is just what the reatta was missing when they rolled them off the hand crafted assembly line.

If you ever have to replace your engine I would recommend this upgrade to everyone. when my tune is done I am sure Ryan would be willing to keep a copy of it for future use. Also there is very littel to be modified when the engine is swapped. all in all I am verry ipressed with the results of this swap.

I am running a series 1 SC engine and stock trany. It gives the car enough power to satify me. If I get my hands on a droptop want to do the northstar swap. I will not do the swap in a 88 or 89 for I would not want to mess up the function of the TCC. Later I may try to do the 6 speed swap but fo now I am happy with this setup.

Guest F14CRAZY

Sounds like a plan. northstarguru's piggyback ECM setup is pretty interesting.

I've presented the plan of figuring out the new 6T70/6T75 with a 3800. Thing is that the heavy users can rebuild their 4T65s to take the power and a supercharged 3800 won't really benefit from having two more gears.

If NX and Phillip would possibly consider collaborating on a step by step conversion to the SC engine, I think that swap would achieve real status. As Philip says, the stock tranny is workable as long as you resist getting all the supercharged motor has to give. Still, within the 4T65's capacity, there is plenty of room for the pleasures of the SC motor.

That's great! Did you start out with a complete donor car for the SC engine conversion or did you just buy the engine and then have to search for extra SC parts as you found you needed them.

I was hoping to find a complete car that had been wrecked in the rear if possible.

Thanks for any information you can provide!