1928 FORD ONE TON TRUCK UNDER WATER

MattKemph

Flush the crank case out with deisel fuel or light weight oil. Turn the engine over by hand or otherwise slowly and without the ignition on. Replace with the same oil he's always used and hope for the best. Change the oil several times with just 100 miles or so on it.

Consider changing the gear oil in the transmission and rear as well.

With any luck that should do it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like its just going to the crusher</div></div>Why??

Is this truck original or unrestored??

Was the truck even savable prior to the flood or is it something that was total junk before the flood??

A few years ago the building where I store my 28 Buick in the winter flooded. The water went up to the bottom of the floor boards. the carpet stayed dry. I changed the oil in the engine, trans and diff. I had to clean out the carb also. The car started up and ran fine. After driving around I drained and refilled everything and it has been fine ever since. I would at least try. You are not really going to throw it away are you? Your kidding, right? Heck I'll take it. I could use a 1 ton truck once in a while. grin.gif

Dave