Any replacements for the driving/fog lights?

Ronnie

Mine work fine but don't supply much light. I have not found brighter bulbs. The reason they may not be offered is because the reflector and lens are made of plastic and may not be able to take the extra heat a larger bulb would make.

Has anyone installed an original looking replacement light from another car or maybe an after market light that could be made to fit and put out a brighter light?

Thanks

You can find them on E-Bay under driving/fog lights.

They measure a little smaller than ours and they have a chrome or black piece on each end.

I just told Nic that they fit inside our fog light cases and secure with one bolt that is on the back of the Camarro lights. All you have to buy is a large washer.

You do have to wire them up to our wiring.

Jon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 63viking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used Camarro Driving/Fog lights. They fit into the

plastic backing for our fog lights. They are very bright and can be adjusted with the same adjusting nut on the bottom of the case. </div></div>

I looked on Ebay and Camaro running lights come in a variety of differant sizes and shapes--and of course the listing don't give those particulars. So one would need to know which year Camaro had the proper size.

Viking are you talking about after market lights made for a Camaro? Or are you talking about getting lights off eBay that originally came on a Camaro? If so what model would work the best? Please give some details so I can order the correct lights.

The stock bulbs are 25w and not very bight. OTOH a pair of 55w H3s will push 10 amps and the limit of the wiring. Auroras used a 37.5 W 893 bulb that can use the stock harness but suspect the heat might tax the housing.

I have a set of aftermarket lamps that came with the 893 but are NLA. Suspect the real answer is good (e.g. Hella, Cibie) foglamps and an inline relay/fuse.