Splash Shields, Yes or No ?

Guest Speedster

OK bad news. Turns out underneath the paint, the splash panels were quite pitted. So now I have shiny black pitted spalsh pans. So I'll guess I get them painted now. I'm unsure about painting over powder coating. I was planning to scruff up the power coat with 180 grit sand paper. Any other suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packin31</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ken,

Some answerers to your powder coating question. I am a member of this site. Very knowledgeable people there.

Painting over powder coating </div></div>

Well finsih paintingthe splash pans and they came out real nice. Installed the hood lace for the engine seal area. Question regarding how you instalkl them. Does the front pan go on first on vice versa. Trying to figure out how they lay as one will overlay on the other.

Also, the short C shape piece on the left side that circles the oil gauge box. Does that go next to the frame then the splash pan or the other way.

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tbirdman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Does the front pan go on first on vice versa. Trying to figure out how they lay as one will overlay on the other.

Also, the short C shape piece on the left side that circles the oil gauge box. Does that go next to the frame then the splash pan or the other way. </div></div>

On the '29, the side sheilds go in first and the front one goes below them, so I assume your's would be the same.

And there is No separate shield piece around gauge, on the '29, so don't know about that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bkazmer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes - it's also why there was originally some rubber skirting on them </div></div>

Cloth skirting. I believe the rubber repro companies make them available in rubber, but they were originally cloth.

Guest imported_Speedster

Duh, More like Rubberized Cloth! wink.gif

(Otherwise known as Baffle-strip or Baffle-seal.)

Sorry, I couldn't Pass that one up. blush.gif LOL laugh.gif

Hi, I am looking for a splash pan for a 33 Su 8 exhaust side or if some one would have some measurements so I could make one. Thanks