spec's for 40 12 cyl

backydmech

been looking through service parts catalogue and boos herrel catalogue have not been able to locate spark plug gap settings as well as type lube used for water pumps. am assuming mechanic that installed plugs installed correct ones, but just in case what type is correct? guess I need another book. have a mountain of paper printed now from gear head service disc and books a few more should about do it (suggestion on best) distributor back yesterday from Mr. Jake, GREAT JOB, LOOKS LIKE NEW

look at books listed under earle brown under sources on this web site: owners manual, service guide (shop Manual), repair of v12 manual; also the chassis manual has lots of great drawings of how things go together. i believe he also has an authenticity manual which is valuable for a restoration and matching up parts for vehicle. call earle and you will find him most helpful. dd

The plugs L's came with are Champion H-10's, that are used now mostly in lawn mowers and other small low compression engines, and may not be of sufficient quality for a 12, some have reported that H-10-c's work OK in V-12's, Autolite also makes a very close in heat range plug, I forget the number. The gaps on the plugs are .025, regular 30 weight motor oil was correct for the water pumps

Guest rickomo1

I was just playing last night and realized i have the parts book and the v-12 repair manual but not the sevice manual (unless i put it where i would know where it was which i dont).Oil capasity for a v12 is??? pls dont say till the float says full, i think i know that one(maybe).

Ahh, nothing like a slighly varnished fuel supply and oily smoke from a 70 year old engine roaring to life, be sure doors are open...but savor the smell...mixed with a touch of musty mohair //////

I reccomend getting it normal driving hot (all else is ok) and driving it, before turning it off....cars seem to due better after steady 2-3000 rpm excursion...blows out poisons..(moisture) more than 5 minute around the block, go for it!!!!

jb