towing hitch

9091Reatta

Hi

I have A small BMW utility Trailer (2000 lbs gw). I have been looking for a hitch for my 1991 Reatta Coupe, The owner"manual does not recomend or support towing, I know. I need to do do limited short distance towing with my specialty trailer and my very special car.

Can anyone help?

CTman

Dear CTman,MY guess is there is not sufficent unibody to bolt a receiver to and or the transmission is a weak dog.All that being said you could go to U Haul and find SOMETHING that looks like it will work and fabricate the rest.Good luck and please advise if you are coming to New York as i will stay off the road till you get back to CT.diz

Ususally there are safety issues if the manufacturer doesn't support a vehicle towing. It is best to not push the issue. Your life, and others lives, could depend on it.

Spend a few bucks and rent a tow vehicle for the few times that you need one. Or find a neighbor/friend/relative that has one and pay them to help you. Or buy a "beater" that will do the job. grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ctman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi

I have A small BMW utility Trailer (2000 lbs gw). I have been looking for a hitch for my 1991 Reatta Coupe, The owner"manual does not recomend or support towing, I know. I need to do do limited short distance towing with my specialty trailer and my very special car.

Can anyone help?

CTman </div></div>

Just some friendly advice....

In the event of an accident the first thing the police and/or insurance company will look into is the tow vehicle's towing capacity.

If the tow vehicle is overloaded you will have some SERIOUS trouble on your hands.

If the accident involves injury or death you could face even more serious legal and financial consequences (ie sued for everything you have)

The question you have to ask yourself is: "Do You Fell Lucky"?

Sooner or later that luck will run out and when it does are you willing to pay the price??