FINALLY! A quality TV show on true automotive restoration.

1937hd45

Excellent show. My wife even found it interesting. I never knew he was in to racing vehicles let alone assembled a collection of that magnitude.

I found it interesting that they were unsure whether to leave the headlight covers on the Alpha or take them off. On my friends 29 he had the same decision to make and they are on or off depending on the show.

Having worked in a restoration shop I learned that the speed of the restoration depends a lot of the ability to pay for it. That was a TWO YEAR restoration! Compare that to the typical 6 week build or 7 day build on other TV shows. I hope this show has a few more collections like this to cover, a very classy production. Many of the Ralph Lauren cars featured on the show have graced the pages of AutoAficionado magazine, another class act and I wonder if there is any connection between the two.

Quote: "Many of the Ralph Lauren cars featured on the show have graced the pages of AutoAficionado magazine, another class act and I wonder if there is any connection between the two."

Definitely a connection in good taste. I too hope there are future shows featuring collections such as this. To me this collection was a well kept secret.

It was a great show, but I think it is doomed. I found it on pure dumb luck never saw a preview and Discovery is one of only 3 channels I watch. Out of the 20 or less posters on this Fourm we are the only ones to see it. The collection has had a fair bit of exposure, I think the Bugatti won Pebble Beach in the mid 1990's.

I watch the Discovery Channel about 3-4 times a week at least, probably around 5-6 hours a week on average.

I never saw <span style="text-decoration: underline">one</span> promo spot for this show. But I can tell you virtually every moment Mike Rowe will be on, with or without his fishing buddies! confused.gif