Last Tour of the Summer

Mark Shaw

Just got back from a HCCA regional tour at Lake Quinalt Lodge in the Olympic National Forest. Great tour with 17 pre-16 cars out of 42 cars on the tour. We had several model T Fords, an Empire, a Jeffery, a Columbia, a Kissel, etc. etc.... and only two Buicks!

We had one 1914 model 25 Buick Touring from Idaho and my 1913 model 31 Touring (directly under the flag pole in the photo) on the three day tour. We covered over 200 miles of touring in cool Northwest weather. Nobody overheated, but we saw some racoon coats, lots of gloves, and some chilly people in the open cars dressed in period attire.

I think this is the last summer tour for me in this open car. It drizzled on the way home yesterday, so the car is in the shop with the top up drying out before it gets put up for the winter. I also made my list of fixes to get done before the next tourning season.

Any others been on an end of summer tour?

post-41092-143137948456_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Well, if nothing else, I have to tour (OK, drive) 3 cars down to storage which is a little over an hour from the house. One of them is the '41. Before that, we need to get the 3 already in the storage location moved from one building to another.

I forget if it is the 23rd or the 30th, but we have a toy run here where the admission is an unwrapped toy for a children's charity. I may try to get to that, although it isn't really a tour per se.

That's quite an impressive photo...not often you see that many that old in one place.