DELMONT 88

fatratmatt

Can any one tell me...I seen a 68 Delmont 88 convertible ad and noticed that the rear bumper had OLDSMOBILE across the middle of the bumper between the two tail lights, Was that piece only available on the flip top or could that piece be found on a 2 door coupe. I think thats a nice piece and I'm thinking of putting it on the rear of my coupe's bumper...Does anyone khow the part number of that piece? Is it available in reproduction? Thank -you

post-48447-143137947615_thumb.jpg

That is a really sharp car. I used to have a Willow Gold '68 Delta Custom with a black vinyl top. Mine was a 4 door hardtop. It had those cool fender peak moldings like yours has. It also had the Oldsmobile applique on the bumper. I thought all 88s had it. I have a parts book at work that'll give me the part number and also show application.

Paul

254d1175454258-my-first-american-car-67-delta-88-custom-australia-67-68.jpg

oldsfan that would be great, Rocketraider gave the part number for the peak molding sometime ago and i was lucky to find it on e-bay. Do you know of any after market or fabricating shops who might have or be able to produce something like that? I'm down to the last little details with this car and want it to be right,You dont see too many of these out there.

I was thinking only Deltas had the bumper nameplate. Parts book will tell the tale. I've seen them on ebay a couple times and they go cheap- one advantage to owning a big car!

That is a beautiful car. Willow/Ash/April/Ivory Gold just looks right on a late 60s GM car, though a lot of folks turn up their nose at it because "it's green!".

My dad's 68 ElCamino was Ash Gold with black VT and saddle interior, and again, it just looked right on that truck.

The part number for the rear Oldsmobile nameplate package is 230407. I learned something new today - parts book sez it is only used on Deltas and Delta Customs, not Delmonts. When I was a little kid, my grandparents had a Willow Gold Delta Town Sedan (that's why I bought my Delta Custom). Their neighbors had a turquoise Delmont town sedan. At the time, I knew the taillights were different, but I never noticed their car not having the nameplate. Parts book sez Delmonts, Deltas and Customs all use the same bumper. I would assume that nameplate is bolted fast, so I guess they just drilled holes in the bumper for Deltas and Customs in the field.

Paul

Thanks to all...Oldsfan, Rocketraider, mick32chevy, Wayne, I went to E-bay lo and behold I fould what I was looking for for less than 20.00 plus shipping what a deal. My bumper must be off of a Delta because it has the holes already cut into it, it might not be stock on my Delmont but like I said it looks to good not to use those holes. What I dont understand is that in the "Oldsmobile for 68"

book it shows the rear of a Delmont with the name plate attached.Mick32chevy that is one fine looking Delta, I love the Big car!!! Bigger is better. I'll put the piece on my car and add a shot of it in the comming weeks. Thanks again guys you helped me out alot!