1913 Maxwell 50/6

Kit Max

Hi!

I noted you are restoring a 1913 Maxwell 50-6. I am very curious about your car in that I own a 1911 and a 1912 Everitts and the remains of a 1913 six cylinder Tudhope. The 1913 Tudhope was the Canadian version of the Everitt which was the same as 1912 Everitt except they added the electric start.

I have a copy of the book EMF published by the American Society of Automotive Engineers which cronicles the change from Everitt to Flanders and then to the Maxwell 50-6. Have you read the book?

I am very curious as to whether your Maxwell is the same as my Tudhope remains. When I say remains, that is what I have which is the engine, clutch, steering column, front axle and frame. I do have a 1912 Everitt very nice six cylinder brass radiator and the body on my 1912 model 4-36 Everitt roadster is the same for the six cylinder model. So if I can find a trans axle, I plan to make a 1912 Everitt roadster using the 1913 electric start engine.

If it is possible, I would love to get some pictures of your Maxwell for comparison purposes.

My email address is <wschoellerman@earthlink.net>

Thanks,

Willard Schoellerman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am happy to email pictures of the car. Please give to me your email address. The car was restored in the early 1980's and is exactly as the original Flanders and Maxwell Brochures picture and describe. Because it has been on static display for many years some recommissioning is required , but is now nearly completed. I hope to be motoring in a few days. The car is branded Maxwell, but also has Flanders markings. My email is; kmaxwell@xtra.co.nz

• 2 weeks later...