First ever Hershey Fall Meet!

STuTZ693

My wife and I will be going to the Hershey Fall Meet to search for parts for our 1925 693 Roadster. This will be our first time at the Hershey Fall Meet and would like to hear from you veterans on how not to get lost, how to find the vendors that may have Stutz parts, and where to park.

I called John Greenleaf to make sure he would be at Hershey and where to find him and he will be there.

Here is a list of the items we will be looking for:

Tail light

Fuel gauge

Gas cap

Soft top supports

Soft top pivot point nuts

Horn button

Dash cluster with key, ignition, and light switch

Dash choke pull and carb misture pull handle bracket

Choke cable

Wiper arm and blade

Hood latches (2)

Vacuum fuel pump

Air filter if the car had one.

Wheel hubs SY wire wheel Corp Buffalo, NY

Stutz plates that mount in the hub

Cap, rotor, points, and condensor for Remy 626-J distributor

Remy 636-J distributor

Horn

Generator 917R Remy

Cast iron water tube from block to water pump

Cowl lights

Top bows

Radiator cap with up turned arms

Shop manual

Dan, you can look in the field roster to see who has specified Stutz parts but my guess is there will be very few. I think you are going to have to walk each vendor and carefully go through their stuff. You will need to be able to identify what you need by sight as many of the vendors may not know it as Stutz or it is a multi-make part. The flea-market is a shadow of it's former self but there are still finds to be had. Good luck.

A.J.

Its a treasure hunt! Just get there early, bring a big flea market bag and plenty of cash and don't worry about getting lost. Thats the fun of it. There are a few important rules though - when you see it, buy it. It'll be gone when you get back, the vendor will be closed for dinner, someone else will be there who won't know what you are talking about, or you won't remember where you saw it. In other words - he who hesitates is lost. Check the listed vendors first of course, but just methodically work the fields and keep your eyes open. Don't bother asking for Stutz parts because either the vendor won't know for sure, of it will jack up the price. Last year I was walking with a good friend who was also looking for some Stutz parts and within a couple of rows he had found some brake drums and hubs and also a very nice radiator shell. It's out there, I can smell it!

Terry

Thanks you both for your comments.

We will try to get orginaized and have photos and/or samples of the parts we are looking for. I think it wil be hard to not get overwhelmed.

I have learned that it is not good to mention Stutz when looking for the best price.

Any tips on negotiating with vendors?

Dan