Ford coins 1903 - 1933

Jeffwsp

I don't know how to tell an original from a repro on these. There are lots of them around and I can recall seeing them for sale in the gift shop at the museum in Dearborn Mich many years ago.

We may need a separate forum for Ford collectors items eventually because there is a ton of neat stuff out there, and some of it (like those fake Ford plant badges) is pretty dangerous to unsuspecting collectors.

Terry

I got suckered into buying one of those "Factory" Security badges years ago. Listed it on eBay with a full discloser and a link to a site with info on them. Got my money back, so you can sell fake stuff IF you tell the buyer it is fake. I may offer a time share on a bridge later this month.

These were give aways at the Ford exhibit at the World's Fair. I have both of those and one from '34 in my collection.

If they are solid brass and solid copper then they are originals..... repops are just plated. But there's many many originals floating around and just a small percentage of repops.

Terry is correct, there's alot of fake Ford stuff floating around not only badges, but Shenango china, postcards, rulers, and a myriad of other things. As a collector of Ford Memorbilia... I second a forum for Ford Collectibles!

Chances are the ones at the Ford museum were originals.. They're finding stuff all the time during clean outs. I recall a story that back in the 50s you could get a NOS Model A Instruction Book for free by sending a SASE. Evidently Ford found a stash of them in some office.