Hubcaps

Rolf

Just wanted to remind any of you with hubcap problems, V-12 Bill kindly launched me on this new career some years ago, and I now have a few solutions, including '36-'48 L and LZ caps, still not as good at doing them as I want them to be, but on a pretty decent cap I can make them look pretty nice, I have some almost show quality '41's, '46's and '48s, and a smattering of the other years, let me know if I can help

Hi Abe, those spring clips that hold the hub caps on were also used on Early Fords and trucks, a truck supply might be able to furnish some that could be riveted on, Narragansett in RI advertises those front wheel late '47-'48 hubcap scripts for $10 each, of course you dont need scripts on the rear because of the skirts, so the rear hubcaps are plain

Guest imported_V12Bill

The hubcap scripts advrtised by Naraganst are the raw castings and need to be plated. The plating cost is $80 or $90 extra.

Hard to believe they would be getting $80/$90 for that faux gold plating, on anything but a 100 point show car, a quick shot with a gold spray bomb should make them fine, all Connie spare tire caps are at a premium, I would hold out for a trade myself, the Mac drag links are probally the same as the Kanter's, but I would be tempted to go for a repaired original myself, as foreign made replacements are of questionable quality, just heard from my neighbors about my hubcap restorations, they are no where near as enthused about them as I am due to the noise, so it looks like the end of another era