Engine Oil type for '25 Dodge

jps

What type of engine oil (weight, etc) should I use for a 4-cylinder 1925 Dodge? I inherited the car from my Dad, and it needs some work to get it running again. Also, what is the best way to deal with the unavailability of leaded gas? Are there additives available to use with unleaded or do I need to change out the valves? Any advice is appreciated.

I run 30 weight detergent oil. That will probably stir up some conversation of detergent versus non detergent. Don't worry about the un leaded. Just run it. If it has been sitting for years, drop the pan and clean it out, then put in 5 qts of oil, pouring the last one in through the crank hole to prime the oil pump.

Dave

I also have a 1925 DB --- I just changed the oil and put in 40W non-detergent for the Summer (in order to keep the oil pressure up on hotter days). Sometime before the end of the year, I'll change oil again and put in 30W ND for the colder months. It's so easy to change oil -- feel it is good(cheap)insurance to change it even though the car is driven only about 250-300 miles/year.

As I understand it -- no need for lead additives in these cars. The only thing I put in the gas is a gas preservative.

Good luck with your '25 DB.

Best Regards