It's an 83 Buick, but with a custom roadster front end- help!

Below Reality

Hey everyone,

I have an opportunity to purchase an 1983 Buick Limited 2 door sedan from an estate sale, however, this car has a completely custom "roadster like" front end.

Here is a pic:

buick.jpg

I am aware that there was a company that commonly did these "front end" Conversions on early/mid 80's cars but can't find any information on it.

I would appreciate any insight you all may have on what this car exactly is, the company that did the conversions, or any other information relating to the car.

It's rather a neat car up close, but unfortunatelly I have found little information about it.

Thank you for your help!!

What does the emblem ahead of the doors say? There also seems to be one on the grille. BTW, a roadster is an open, two passenger car with no fixed side windows. These types of cars were called Neo Classics. This one, in my humble, yet accurate, opinion is ghastly with it's VW turn signals, big ol' cheesy hood hinges, tractor headlamps, Home Depot grille, Model "A" bumper with the stock Olds bumper bringing up the rear, etc., etc. Nothing against this one in particular. Clenets, Later Excaliburs and the like were more suited for pimps and old men with more money than taste.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 58Mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, that Custom Cloud ain't too shabby. Understated.</div></div>

You have the reliability of a modern Chevrolet drivetrain, the only real drawback is the 600 pounds of fiberglass and bondo it takes to put one of the kits on!

Not my cup o tea, but my friend loves his two. He's also got a "Bentley" based on a Lincoln Town Car!