Oil cup?

wenthur

There is a small tin timble sized cup at the front of valve cover on my "24, is this for oil, if so what does it oil, how often to use it, what kind of oil. I only found it because I bought an oil can holder on ebay, and started looking around to see way I need an oil can in engine compartment. Still need front bumper brackets.

Nice looking car. What those things are is primer cups. When the car is cold you can fill those with gas, turn the little handle like on number 4 cylinder, and the gas is leaked into the combustion chamber to aid starting. The doumous , that looks like a lawnmower muffler,on the center cylinder is a compression whistle, you knew that, right?

Thanks, for the info. I didn't know about the whistle until last night when I say one on ebay and they explained the use. I almost bought one, then remembered I saw something like that on my engine. so I went and checked. My next project is painting the engine. and getting step plate for the running boards. and considering a luggage screen. Also someone said I could find a tool box in model t on ebay, but no luck so far, need someplace for jack and ect.

HAve you found the manual you were looking for? There's a '24 Book of Information, which is the owner's manual, on Ebay right now. It is technically too new for your car, I think the print date is July,'24, but would help you. There would be a slight differance to some parts of your car. Next time you have it running pull the wire coming out the back of that whistle.

I am watching 2 manuals on ebay right now for the "24. i WON A MANUAL for my "26 chevy truck last night. An guess what, today if Friday so I get to drive my DB around this morning until it get to about 100 degrees, then home she goes.

Jan, that would be wonderful if I could get a tool box, starting to get stuff to carry, and no place to put it. What colors are the engine, maybe I can make it look better, never worried about it until I saw these pictures. I will try to but on rear bumper this weekend. I have original Calif.1924 lic. plates and DMV said I could use them If we restored to new. Cleaned, brazed, glazed and painted green this week, pin stripper will do white letters next week, and will have original plates soon.

Guest DBtouring

I have a question, you keep talking about needing storage for a jack etc., there should be plenty of storage under your front seat. Have you found this yet?

can I be really that backward, never thought of that space, saw a picture of the tool box and liked it so much, just kind of got blindsided. Well live and learn, that is why I like about the discussion group, even if I just read all the post I am ahead of the game information wise, THANK YOU for this simple obvious solution

I bought a bunch of DB stuff from a nice fellow in Utah. He had a really nice 21 (I think) touring and was talking about getting tools, side curtains, etc. I asked if he had looked under the front seat for hub cap wrench, etc, he said "no", we lifted up the seat and he had a full set of tools and side curtains!

Dave