Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Digby30

  • Birthday 05/09/1966

Recent Profile Visitors

764 profile views

Digby30's Achievements

  • Collaborator

Recent Badges



  1. A picture of the bracket on the carb should get me started.......I have a feeling that the orientation of the choke lever on the carb I have is different than what is needed for this car. Some of the later versions of this used an automatic (heat activated) choke which may be the easier way to go, and just have a non functional Choke knob on the dash. Thanks for your help!
  2. Hupp36.......do you think I could trouble you to take another picture looking down on the Carb from above so I can get an idea of how the choke cable and bracket are oriented? From the numbers on my carb's tag (839987), it is a Carter W1, but off of a 42-48 Chevy, Kaiser, Plymouth or military application so that may be part of my problem. (Carter 574s for the Chevy vs. 316s that the Hupp is supposed to have) The choke cable bracket I have may be for the Hupp or it may be for the Chevy. Also, for the Choke on this carb to be open, I would have to pull the choke knob out on the dash which doesn't seem right ....i.e. i would think you would pull the choke knob to "choke it" Thanks For any help or any ideas!
  3. Success! I used a piece of rubber to get a better grip on the bezel and off it came......ran a new wire down the steering column and cleaned all the contact surfaces so the horn works great now.
  4. Great! Thanks for the pics. Unfortunately, my trim ring wont budge.....you can't get a good grip on it to apply much torque, and after 80 some years it needs a little persuasion....I'll keep trying this weekend.
  5. Few things I could use some help with on a '36 D618. I need to replace the horn wire that runs down the steering column.....I'm assuming the bezel around the button is threaded on? Any tricks to getting this off? Also, I'm looking for a picture of what the choke cable bracket should look like.... I think I have the correct carb (Carter 316S) Thanks
  6. My 1936 D618 (#10916) I've been working on the interior & wiring, and now have the wheels off to recondition the brakes and rear axle seals.
  7. My '67 Imperial 6 way power seats have a bad actuator coil and I can't find replacements that are functioning or anyplace that can open these up and re-wind the coils. Anyone have a source for having power seat actuator coils rewound? Thanks
  8. Work progressing on the '62 Imperial.....Rust on body is patched, trunk floor replaced and seats are complete....Detailing the frame suspension and hope to have the powertrain in this winter. Getting the old ball joints out was fun...a week's soaking in PB blaster and a 5' black pipe on the 3/4" ratchet did the trick. I've seen B & E bodies with some suspension parts natural and lower control arms gold etc., but my suspension was too rusted to tell what they were originally so I podwercoated the frame and all of the suspension in chassis black.
  9. Digby30

    1967 Imperial Convertible

    I've owned this Imperial since 2004. It spent the mid 70's in Hawaii.....Perfect boat for the big Island!
  10. Its a D618 4dr Touring Sedan SN 10916
  11. After gluing the foam to the ABS plastic with spray adhesive, I drew the pattern on the foam with a straight edge and pen. I used one of those disposable knifes with the snap off blades....I suppose an exacto would work just as well. I made a bunch of test pieces before trying an entire door panel. I'll be making the final panels once the wool material arrives.
  12. Buddy of mine is selling his '74 Buick Riviera. Loaded, GS Stage I runs and drives great. http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5462185469.html
  13. I used two layers, one plastic for structure and the second foam for the pattern, so that the heads of the push in Christmas trees wouldn't show through. The original metal clips were staked to the backside of the cardboard panel and couldn't be reused
  14. Front Seat before and after. Really nice work done by Shelby Trim in Sterling Heights, MI Headliner is next as soon as I can afford to have it done!
  15. Working on my Hupp D618 Interior Before and after pictures of the door panels. Using 1/16" ABS plastic from Home Depot and 3/16" vinyl top foam to make the pattern. Getting the right amount of spray adhesive down into the groove it the trick. Too much or too little and the fabric won't stick. So far I've made two test panels that look pretty good....Next up I'll use the expensive wool fabric from SMS auto.
  • Create New...