10 Flanders Carb Wanted

15sd

• 11 months later...

15SD, as far as I am aware, the only difference in the motors was the inclusion of the oil reservoir on the side of the block of the later models. The earlier models had the oil tank separately. I have both motors at home and can check more thoroughly for you if you want?

EMF was the parent company it refers to the initials of the founders:  (E.M.F) Everitt, Metzger & Flanders have a look at this link for stacks more info EMF WebPage. The company made a larger 30HP model and the Flanders 20HP.

The carbo shown in Leif's is correct, but I wouldn't get too concerned. Carby's were often swapped to Schebeler, Hollie, etc. I am putting a Schebeler type N on mine, as they are simple to use and spares (new units plentiful on ebay) readily available. I have to slightly modify the inlet manifold, as the bolts are 90deg out, but not too difficult to accomplish.

happy to assist if you want more info

I have a carb. for the three speed so I know it doesn't fit the two speed. The spring shackle is in the way. I now have the correct one as well as an air friction for backup. The engine and in fact the whole car is different than the three speed model. The exhaust manifold is cast into the block ( like a 14 Studebaker). The water pump is different. The headlights, body, dash, wheels, brakes, steering and frame are different and of course the transmission and rear end housing are also different.There are very few interchangeable parts between the two models. One part that is the same is the drive pinion (but not the crown gear). The crown and pinion on this car has been replaced with one from a Model A Ford. This was a bad idea and I would like to find an original crown and pinion. (Even if they were only good for patterns.) I'm currently having a new water pump cast ( the original was made of zinc die-cast, also a bad idea). Once I have it, I can assemble everything on the engine and test drive it. The "restoration" was done some time before 1966 to be used as a static display. I'm not re-painting it but I did have new wheels and dash made. Thanks for your interest.  

Flanders 2019.jpg

• Like 1