1931 Chrysler cm6 gazelle rad cap

KLF

Does anyone know if this same cap was used from 32 to 34? I have a 31 CM6 roadster that I just bought and need a cap for it. American Arrow shows the cap for 32 to 34. Don't want to buy the wrong one!!

Ken

The '31 Chrysler "Gazelle" rad caps used the same Gazelle casting for both 6's and 8's. However, the base they mounted to are different. A 6cyl base is about 4.5" in length while the 8 cyl model is about 5.5" in length. Also the 6cyl cap has a smaller circle to fit in rad shell neck, a dai of about 2&5/8". The 8cyl cap fits in a 2&7/8" dia hole. While a good gazelle can be interchanged on either model (a couple hidden screws hold them together), the proper cap itself will only fit a 6 or an 8.

Thanks for all the info. hddennis's picture is the base that I need.Needs to be the smaller one that measures 2 1/2 od. What I really need to know is if the 31 base is the same as the 32 to 34 caps. The ones American Arrow sells are listed for 32-34 but they don't mention 31. I've emailed them yesterday but so far I haven't got a reply.

Here's a pic of my car

Ken

P1070023 (Large).JPG

P1060927 (Large).JPG

2 hours ago, hddennis said:

KLF, did you click on the upper right arrow to follow the posts on my cap?

Howard Dennis

Thanks Howard. I did. That's an excellent post. Lots of good info. Thanks again.

Thanks Keiser31. I've always liked this model of Chrysler. I didn't need another car but how often do you get the chance to get one of these.... Or how about my wife made me buy it?

Ken

• 1 month later...

Hi there. So I do have an original CM size Gazelle cap. It has not been rechromed and has a fair bit of pitting or patina as I call it.  The tips of the antlers are broken like most.  It does shine well and I would say some of the pitting is light enough to be polished out. The feathers on the wings are perfect. Price is $345.00 plus shipping from 48094.

IMG_1179.JPG

IMG_1180.JPG