1956 BUICK SPECIAL

576f7ee0b5fa1_56Buick002.1.thumb.jpg.2a65d69b0901b6eabce32bfdce5e32c4.jpg

For Sale - A beautiful 1956 Buick Special, 2 door, hardtop, no post. Comes with 322 Cid Buick V-8 and Dynaflow transmission. She is painted a beautiful blue and white, and although the blue is a Buick color of the time it is incorrect per the build tag. She has nice near new upholstery however again, incorrect for the times.  She comes with correct wheels and 4 Coker bias tires with less than 100 miles on them, as well as an older
post-98451-143142375579_thumb.jpg
011.thumb.JPG.3cbd9856b9702bcae1cc7584c9db9182.JPG
spare in the trunk. Body is near perfect, few minor areas of surface rust on the chrome. I bought her 4 or 5 years ago in the hopes of taking her back to full original state. Some of that work is done. However, now that my husband and I are retired we find there are many more ways to spend our time and she is not getting the attention she deserves. If you are seriously interested please email any questions you may have.  Asking $20,000.  Currently located in Montana.

Edited by southpaw52
picture and price were left out. (see edit history)

Looks real nice.  Something similar just sold.  Might have even been the same year Buick.  There was a thread on it and what it sold for.  Close to what you are asking,  but they didn't have luck selling on here.  I think they mentioned where their's sold.  Might be worth checking it out.  It was a 55 or 56 Buick I believe but the model escapes me. 

Good luck.  

If I recall correctly that recent car was a coral and white 56 2 door HT Special that was sold on Illinois? craigslist for $18,000.  I think perhaps the car was sold in haste noting, that like all things, it is often a case of the right buyer being in the right place at the right time and as a result, it often takes a while to sell a classic car for a good price.  Otherwise you will likely end up selling it to a dealer for a reduced price where they will onsell for a much higher price.

In case you have not already considered it (but perhaps you have), can I suggest also advertising the car on sites such as Hemmings, ClassicCars.com or ebay, etc. which will reach a very wide audience. 

I always think the biggest issue a "for sale by owner" seller has is trying to overcome potential buyers' concerns that you are legitimate and not some scammer.

Good luck.

To 56 Buick,

Thanks for the advice re other advertising venues.  I wanted to give this group and locals here in Montana first chance.  I don't have to be in a hurry to sell, so I'll give it another week or so before reaching out further.

Anne