1966 Dodge Coronet 500 Convertible

I'm listing this for a friend who wants to sell a 1966 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible. Purchased new by his grandmother in Florida, the car is now located in Chardon, Ohio. The car is in very good overall condition with no rust and runs well. I looked the car over closely and here's what I see:

- The car was professionally repainted in the correct color about 20 years ago. It's a good ten footer with minor bubbling of the paint in only one spot that I could find.

- The chrome is shiny but the pot metal has light pitting. Again, from ten feet, the car looks good.

- The interior is original and in very good condition. I think all it needs is a good cleaning. All the parts are there including the top boot but it needs some attention as the foam liner is coming loose.

- The trunk is clean and the original mat is in place and in near-perfect condition. The spare and jack are present as well. 

- The top was replaced, probably when the car was repainted. Some minor staining but the material used appears correct and I think it'll clean up. Perfectly usable as-is and it does work.

- It looks like the car is equipped with the 383 engine. It has an automatic transmission with the console shift, power steering and a radio. No A/C or power brakes. Grandma must have had a strong foot!

- Mileage is at 123XXX. Aside from normal maintenance, I was told it's never needed anything else. There is a minor oil leak, no doubt from the car sitting as it's been in dry storage for a few years until it was retrieved for some exercise recently.

- Underside of the car is clean and I couldn't find any rust.

- Under the hood could use a good detailing if you plan to show the car. 

Overall, I think this is a good car and would serve someone well who's looking to get into a convertible at a reasonable price. With restored cars bringing much more money, you can enjoy this one for only $24,500 or best offer. Drive it home.

Please do not contact me with questions as everything I know is in this listing. Contact Mike Nolan at 440.346.4188 or mike@informuinspection.com.

Attached are a few pictures of the car I snapped when the car was pulled from storage. For additional pictures or more information, again, contact Mike. Thanks for looking!

IMG_3397.JPG

IMG_3396.JPG

IMG_3394.JPG

IMG_3399.JPG

IMG_3391.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car.  The engine is a 318 not a 383.  The 318 has the distributor in the rear like this car while the distributor on the 383 and larger engines is in front.  The 340 also has the distributor in the rear, but did not come out until a few years later.  Also, the 318 cars have a V8 emblem on the front finders. All the larger engine cars showed the engine size.  This car has the V8 emblem, so again it's a 318.

46 minutes ago, 61polara said:

Nice car.  The engine is a 318 not a 383.  The 318 has the distributor in the rear like this car while the distributor on the 383 and larger engines is in front.  The 340 also has the distributor in the rear, but did not come out until a few years later.  Also, the 318 cars have a V8 emblem on the front finders. All the larger engine cars showed the engine size.  This car has the V8 emblem, so again it's a 318.

Correct. That will make a BIG difference in value.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)