I'm Still Here! - An Update on Myself and my Absence

Hello all. I may be long forgotten on here by now - It's been a while. I'm slowly creeping my way back into the internet car world.

Super fast updates on what I have been doing over the past year: 

- Built a garage for my 1957 Buick

- Ended up buying my SECOND project car. 

- Garage is already full.

While I did not work on the Special itself that much last year, I consider building a polebarn just for it, (and now my second car), progress on its restoration, haha. I'll include a couple pictures of the Buicks new home! I love my new polebarn, and I thank my father for helping me build it. I'm ready to get back into staying updated on here, asking for help, giving advice when I can and get to finishing up the Buick.

Cat Update: Oswald still rules! He helped build the garage. 

BT

20170706_205059.jpg

20171001_185252.jpg

Edited by Brandon Todd (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Just now, NTX5467 said:

"Pole barn"?  Don't look like any "pole barn" I've ever seen.  Looks MUCH nicer and better!  10' wide doors??!!

Enjoy and keep Oswald happy!

NTX5467

Well.... "pole building" is probably more accurate. And yes, 10' doors! One is shorter due to finding it a lot cheaper. I appreciate the kind words! My dad is glad to have the car out of his woodshop. 

• Like 1

Brandon, that building looks great; also straight and square.  I like this style of building because I think it is about the most economical way to build and makes good use of the metal for adding strength, especially on the walls.  

I took note of those plywood gussets on the trusses as it tells me that you built them onsite.

Now for a general comment on my observations of the pictures posted for these kinds of projects.  I always see several sizes of step ladders, a roll around scaffold, and several sawhorses.   Ok, there’s also chairs and some powerful fans in the case of Mr. Earl’s BS & G project.  

Congratulations on on the new shop and welcome back.  Show us the inside when you get a chance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good rule of thumb is to have at least one main project car and at least two backup projects.That way if you have to wait for something on one you can fall back to working on two. Years ago I bought a high point 55 T bird  from a guy in Washington state that was restoring 11(yes eleven) 5,6,7 birds all at the same time. One of the best T bird restorers around. He was mid 80s then. Plus he had 2 more national award winners that he toured with. Most of the 11 were near done. Mine and a turquoise 56 were finished. And to top it all off he had asbestosis from working in brakes and clutches. I figure if he could do all that given his deteriorating health I can do at least 2 or 3 at a time.?