Just found online

1 hour ago, GregLaR said:

Some interesting cars there but the prices seem pretty stiff for their condition.

I do not collect this stuff: Not sure on prices:

I called him on the phone to night.. I think he is in his 90's.. He told me about a junk yard.. 40 miles from me.. It had a lot of this stuff..

1917 Maxwell Touring
1917 Regal Touring
1917 Saxon Touring Car
1929 Franklin Fordor
1928 Willys Knight Fordor
1927 Hupmobile Fordor Sedan

Pick it or it may be lost..   He told me he has over 300 cars.. Never know what he has until you break the ice..

2 hours ago, Povertycove said:

Bernie has been flogging that Saxon for a decade. Wrong engine, etc. 

You find a number of Saxons that are incomplete projects, and for good reason – parts are very hard to come by, and thus restoring a Saxon can be a difficult and expensive task.

Here is one for sale :

https://www.oldcaronline.com/1917-Saxon-Saxon Touring-Greenwood-Indiana-for-sale-ID172246.htm

Actually Saxon parts are very easy to find, especially the more common four cylinder roadsters. This is because, though brilliantly designed, they were assembled cars using very high quality but common components...continental engines, Timkin bearings, Rayfield carbs, standard size wheels, etc. There were over 100,000 of them built, and in 1916 and 1917 they were the eighth largest manufacturers of car in America. Saxon had a great distribution system, and so many lurk in barns around the country. They are very sturdy and easy to restore. The problem is that owners over-value them, as does the owner of the car that started this thread. And the owner, now estate, of the car you listed starting trying to sell his touring car nearly a decade ago for $50,000. The price is now down to a more reasonable $16,000. It is known to be a very good and original car, and is probably worth the price. If I didn’t own five of them, I’d consider it.