I.D. Need for a buick badge

7 hours ago, Paul White said:

Hi all,

I am seeking help from anyone who can identify this Buick badge. It is marked M5850 on the rear. It was recently found in an Australian scrap yard.

Cheers

Paul

Front Buick.jpg

Buick M5850.jpg

1934/35 series 40 rear centre bumper bolt/badge - found on Australian Holden bodied cars fitted with local ( Aust ) content bumpers which are different to USA series 40 bumpers.

1934 Buick Restor 009.jpg

1934bumperboltbadge.jpg

QLD nationals2008 222.jpg

• Like 4

• 10 months later...
On 4/8/2018 at 11:14 PM, Paul White said:

Hi all,

I am seeking help from anyone who can identify this Buick badge. It is marked M5850 on the rear. It was recently found in an Australian scrap yard.

Cheers

Paul

Front Buick.jpg

Buick M5850.jpg

That would make a great belt buckle. 

• Like 2

There is quite a story to follow my post made back in April 2018. The badge was originally located in Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia, The owner contacted me for assistance in identifying it. Stuart Symes from the Buick Club of Western Australia ID it and the information was passed back to the owner back in April

After i returned from the Buick Nationals In Denver I was on a road trip up the north coast, about 3 1/2 hours drive north of Sydney. Just by chance I saw a sign for a car show and dropping by for a look came across a Buick Club of NSW member showing his 1934 56 Coupe.  After a catch up chat he took me to the rear of the vehicle to show me his most recent acquisition, the same badge and likely the exact same one found in Darwin. 

• Like 1