1965 Buick Wildcat Carburetor

autonut

What CARTER carburetor is suppose to fit on the '65 wildcat with a 401 engine?  That is the engine that the Wildcat used correct?  There are several listed and not sure what the differences are. The numbers I have are

3921S, 3922S, 3923S and the 4453S & 4454S.  I have a carb from a '65 Wildcat convertitble that the choke refuses to budge no matter what I do. Soaked it two nights in carb cleaner, sprayed the ends with derust or whatever, even

heated the surrounding areas to no avail.  Thus I guess I will have to thrash this carb and purchase another.  First time I have ever experienced this sort of thing.  The car has been sitting a long while but had the air cleaner

over it, thus did not get any direct moisture. Most unusual. Appreciate your help.

Lee

7 hours ago, autonut said:

What CARTER carburetor is suppose to fit on the '65 wildcat with a 401 engine?  That is the engine that the Wildcat used correct?  There are several listed and not sure what the differences are. The numbers I have are

3921S, 3922S, 3923S and the 4453S & 4454S.  I have a carb from a '65 Wildcat convertitble that the choke refuses to budge no matter what I do. Soaked it two nights in carb cleaner, sprayed the ends with derust or whatever, even

heated the surrounding areas to no avail.  Thus I guess I will have to thrash this carb and purchase another.  First time I have ever experienced this sort of thing.  The car has been sitting a long while but had the air cleaner

over it, thus did not get any direct moisture. Most unusual. Appreciate your help.

Lee

What carb numbers does your chassis service manual call for?