AUBURN 6-80 , 1929

thorsten

WANT TO BUY  PARTS

for

Auburn 1929 , Typ 6-80 ,

Serching for Radiator ,   Radiator package and Radiator surround plus Radiator Cap,

Cowllamps Arms,     I´m looking for right and left side Cowllamps-Arms. 

Hubcabs , old /used ,   there are 2 missing Hubcabs on the car ,  

Winshield Crank ,     the whole Winshield crank system ist brokenin peaces , incl. the bracket mounted to the car.

I do have pictures of the car .

If needed I will send you them so you´re able to see what I have here and what I´m looking for.

Hello ,

the car came in the middle of the 70´s from norway nearly complete and is still standing in our place. 

Now we need the missing parts to make it complete before restauration .

I´m thankful for any parts  or even tips who I could ask for them.

Auburn 6 zyl,  Cars are not very common in Europe.

There has been some of them in Norway , but they are nearly all gone or not to find.

Thanks  Thorsten

Edited by thosten (see edit history)

Hi Thorsten.  Do you belong to the ACD Club?  There are roughly 50, 1929 Auburns listed in the membership directory.   

Just about all of the parts are in the hands of the people that own the cars.  Many of the 29 parts were also used in the 28-30 cars.

If you had a 34-36 Auburn I could help you. Good Luck !

Hi Curti,

thanks for your Answer.

No I´m not in the ACD Club,

So I won´t be able to get the list of these People.  Is it possible that I could get the list from you ?

I talked to someone who ouwned  a   8-90 // 4 door sedan , just like our , 4 Door Sedan - a few years ago.

He told me that all the Auburn 6 and 8 zyl are the same with the Radiator .

Our 6 zyl Auburn is maybe the only remaining in germany.  There was 20 years ago, another 6 zyl car left in Norway, sitting in a front yard.

We tryed allready to relocate the car , but it is maybe gone. ??

Usually these things won´t disapear in norway, but I tryed hard for more then 2 months with the help of norwegian friends to find it back.

So I won´t get any parts from there .....  :-( :-( .

My hope is to get at least the parts to our car,  to make it complete again -  with the help of this Forum.

cheers   Thorsten

PS

-I tryed to put one or two pics of our car to this forum. It doesn´t work.

Maybe I´m just to stupid....

Edited by thorsten (see edit history)

I expect that ACD is like CLC in that the membership directory with listed contacts are to be shared internally. Please consider joining ACD at your soonest convenience. There is no better single favor you can do for your car than joining this particularly active knowledgeable group of friendly people. Members generally give other members special attention , and the club activities attract members from other countries. You will have a GREAT time !    - Carl 

Hello again,

Thanks for that nice advice joining the ACD  .

I tryed in the past to do so, but today it worked out allright for me.  Maybe it is a little different because of the languade.  

I will also try in the ACD- Forum to find the parts for our car..

Thanks to everyone .

Cheers    Thorsten                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Hi Curti,

I had a look into the car today and found the original Carplate including the Information about our car.

It might be able to find out a little more about the history to our car.

MODEL       680  BM  

Serial no    2983407

Engine no  6904   ( my problem is that I´m not able to put a picture into this thread , why not ?   Maybe I´m doing something wrong. ?    Is there anybody who but tell me what to do ???  )

Pictures tell more than writing writing ... Thorsten

13 hours ago, alsancle said:

16 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Curt,  the forum has no limitations on file size anymore.

allright now, I tryed all of what you wrote...   

I might be just too blond to do it right.. Anything I tryed until now is getting .....

unbelievebel   I think , it is this Computer ( at work ) and not the guy in front of it...  :-) :-)

When I get home I´will try from my computer   ... again..

1.jpg

Hello again , it is the computer in the company that is makin me mad..    

As you can see putting pictures in  .......  is working from here too..  I nearly thought they don´t fit through the electrik lines from germany over to your Place :-) :-)

I put some pictures along so you´re able to see what I have here ...

Thanks for any Help getting the  car complete again.. 

As you can see , the Auburn was never touched ... it is still like it came in the 70 ´s from  Norway.    But now it is the time to change it and make it run again...  

Cheers Thorsten

1 (1).jpg

1 (2).jpg

1 (3).jpg

1 (4).jpg

1.jpg