1910 Model 20 - New Member

PMac

Hi all,

I am an Aussie living in Pittsburgh USA. I just joined the forum. I recently purchased a 1910 Model 20 (Car No:1994). Not the usual red on black but rather this one is painted dark green. Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Peter

IMG_1623.JPG

IMG_1621.JPG

Yes original Breeze carburetor is in place. Engine number is 1866. My observations are that the car needs a front apron and original magneto switch for the dash. It is set up with a prest-o-lite tank at present but the right frame rail appears to have been drilled for a carbide generator. I also need to replace one of the grease cups on the rear end as this has been damaged. A few other jobs to do before spring!

Very nice...most of them seemed to come with Prestolite.  Sometimes a small tool box was put on driver side running board, since it's otherwise useless.

if you need any dimensions on front apron let me know.  My 1910 has one, I think my 1911 needs one (but 1911 will be sold at some point so not overly worried).

That's an early 1910.  Oh, and I have the 32 page Breeze carb manual I can email you, pm me your email address if you wish to have a copy....

Very nice, At  Hupp Club  meet and  tours, I  have  seen Red,Blue Yellow and  White, this is the  first British Racing  Green  one.  We  have  a great  Hupp Club  and  I  know  one of the  members  has  reproduced  the  grease  cap  or  what  i call the  hub  cap that  you  need. Just  type  in Hupp Club  on  your  search  engine.

I believe red (or actually more of a poppy red based on the research I did, i.e. original paint sample, see my car attached) was the original color from the factory in 1909-10, later in 10 I believe blue came out.  I don't believe any other colors were factory in the first two years, but if someone has documentation otherwise it would be interesting.

Marty front picture Hupp.jpg

Thanks all for the welcome. By way of response:

Trimacar - thanks for the offer of the copy of the Breeze carb manual. I have sent you an email. The dimensions/pictures of the front apron would be greatly appreciated. With regards to color schemes, my understanding is that the car should be red & black. Perhaps one day I will repaint the car in its original red livery. Just going to enjoy it as is for now.

Hupp36 - the alloy hub caps are all OK. The piece that is damaged is a brass grease cup or oiler fitted to the underside of the rear spring shackles (one left and one right). See picture attached of the remaining healthy specimen. Are these the original grease cups? 

Thanks again for the feedback and support... very much appreciated.

IMG_1632.JPG

I'll get the manual and a drawing of apron to you....yes, red body, hood, gas tank, frame,;  black fenders and front and rear axles.  Engine and transmission black.  That's what my research shows,  I had an original sample of frame paint, and it was an orangey red, what some call poppy red....

David can you email the apron measurements to me as well  Thanks Karl 

Pmac good to have another colonial  on board even if you are currently in the States. What I did with my grease cups is tap the inside for   a zerk fitting . Then you just  take the cap off and   give  it a couple of pumps with the grease gun  saves a lot of time and mess and still looks original -Karl