Tired of Sad Posts..This one Hurts.

Steve Moskowitz

Many of you who have been around a bit and have some frost on your hair will know the name Charlie Pergl.  Charlie and his family have been fixtures at the fall meet and long time members.  Charlie restored some great Chevrolets and also owned a glass globe company in Binghamton, NY.  He was one of the true characters in the hobby and one of my very favorite people.

Charlie also is the guy who made the AACA gas globes for the club quite some time ago.  He also hosted many of us when we had the meet in Binghamton and introduced us to speedies.

After a series of medical issues Charlie passed away this weekend.  In his true fashion he wanted no fuss over him and the services will be private.  We lost a very special guy who is the only winner of a AACA Frist Junior, Senor Award and Perservation Award in our history.  No these are no miss-spellings but a cute story that will always warm my heart.

RIP my friend, you will be greatly missed.  Our condolences Janet and Jeff.

• Like 1

John, back in the early days of this club at a national meet all the first place trophies were engraved FRIST.  The club at that time apparently said that they could not afford to do them all over again and so the members got a Frist Place.  I saw the trophy myself at Mr. Pergl's house as he proudly had it displayed and could not wait to show it to me.  I came back to our office after the meet and chose a damaged Senior Award and had a staff member make a plate for a Senor Award.  The next year in Hershey I gave him a Perservation Award and I think I actually gave him an Anal Grand National Award too but not sure.  Any chance I had to make Charlie smile was one I was going to grab.  He did a lot for the hobby, for our club and was one of those true indomitable spirits that made a legion of friends and always told it like he saw it.

We are losing the people who made this hobby what it is today and that is a shame.

• Like 1