Engine swap

Reatta90

Hey guys, so I'm thinking of doing an engine swap with a series 1. I was wondering if anyone could provide me a link where the guys did just a full swap and not swapping heads and what not. Because I would like to take out my gine and drive train and put in the series 1 and it's drive train and subframe and all that, and have my computer reprogrammed. Thank you guys in advance! 

If you do a search (upper right) on this site, you will find many discussion on the engine swap, most are to the supercharged 3800.

I also recall in one of the discussion a link to a site that gives good details on the engine swap.

• Like 1

Just swapping the engine for another the same is trivial, most here if going to swap go for later/stronger ones with different issues. Also is a good idea to go through a used engine (at least change out the freeze plugs) before installation.

And then there is the matter that even a "C" engine and 4T60 went through a number of iterations with 91's in Pontiacs being the latest and most improved. Many many TSBs on changes.

Just something to think about.

• Like 1