Recommended Posts

I have a 1948 Pontiac Torpedo.

The engine needs some touchup and I was hoping a flathead fan would know were to obtain

the exact color engine paint.

Hirsch has one for 1940 thru 1957. Is it a correct color?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information.

A friend of mine from the Flathead club told me the Hirsch paint is a really close match.

I ordered a can to check it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2017 at 2:07 PM, DAN 822 said:

I have a 1948 Pontiac Torpedo.

The engine needs some touchup and I was hoping a flathead fan would know were to obtain

the exact color engine paint.

Hirsch has one for 1940 thru 1957. Is it a correct color?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. 

yes dan, hirsch has the correct pontiac flathead engine paint color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply.

Another question, on the firewall of the 1948 Pontiac, there is a hose attached.

It is higher up on the firewall and does not appear to be a heater hose.

Any ideas on what this hose is for? Drain hose? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, DAN 822 said:

Thanks for the reply.

Another question, on the firewall of the 1948 Pontiac, there is a hose attached.

It is higher up on the firewall and does not appear to be a heater hose.

Any ideas on what this hose is for? Drain hose? 

drain hose, that would be my thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would be the correct engine color for a 1937 Pontiac 6?  Mine is gray, and I have seen restorations with a gray engine, but the Bill Hirsch site does not show a gray for Pontiacs.  They show a green for 1937.  Were the 8s green and the 6s gray?  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That hose on upper part of the firewall is most likely a vacuum line for the windshield wipers.  If it were a drainage line what would it drain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, deac said:

That hose on upper part of the firewall is most likely a vacuum line for the windshield wipers.  If it were a drainage line what would it drain?

Could be a drain hose from the cowel vent, usually near the center of the firewall..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now