The AACA Library’s 1906 Mitchell:When you visit the library, you...

tumblr_otnbrewAWq1rkxyk6o5_500.jpg

tumblr_otnbrewAWq1rkxyk6o4_500.jpg

tumblr_otnbrewAWq1rkxyk6o3_500.jpg

tumblr_otnbrewAWq1rkxyk6o2_500.jpg

tumblr_otnbrewAWq1rkxyk6o1_500.jpg

The AACA Library’s 1906 Mitchell:

When you visit the library, you will be greeted by a small collection of vehicles in the lobby, including this 1906 Mitchell Model C-4 Runabout. This car is really special because it was donated to us by descendants of the Mitchell family. We’ve included an advertisement for a 1906 touring car at the end of this post.

View the full article

We've always admired that car.  Last December I noticed also that a certain Chevrolet guy was seen admiring it as well -

Terry

20161203_144737.jpg

Terry.  Nice photo of you and Pinky Randall.  He is one of the nicest people many of us have ever met.  Always good conversation with him.

Thanks for posting this.

Peter J.

Pinky and I have a special friendship - he was my neighbor for many years when we did the Carlisle swap meet.  I slept in my van and every morning, Joyce would stick a fresh cup of coffee out the window for me.  I can tell some stories about some of the funny stuff he did up there!   Long before I ever thought I'd once serve on the Board of AACA, we had already talked endlessly about the club, the history, and the future.  I consider him one of the best mentors anyone could possibly have.  During the 75th Anniversary, I invited him to speak during the evening's "birthday party."   I had to shorten my speech considerably as he held true to what I was told earlier - give him a microphone, sit back and relax -it'll be a while!  But - I treasured every word. 

Anyway - the Mitchell - great car, I have a Mitchell story too - but we'll save that for another opportunity.   Hey, just realized I have a Mitchell script spark plug in my collection.

Terry

I loved walking into the library every morning and seeing the Mitchell, just made me smile.  Dr. & Mrs. Malcolm (the Mitchell descendants) were wonderful people and we were very lucky that they were acquainted with another AACA member (sorry, his name slips my mind at the moment) who recommended that they donate the car to the library.