Vin tag placement `64

Scott Mckenzie

So ,  adding to my jigsaw puzzle, I found my vin tag in one of the many boxes that came with my `64. Now my manual states to mount it above the lower hinge on the left hand side hinge pillar . I cant find any hole to attach the tag to the hinge pillar. Can anyone show me a picture of this mounting?

30 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

It's at the top of the driver's door jamb on a 65. I assume 64 is the same?

DSC03639.JPG

DSC03650.JPG

Winston, you know what happens when you "ass u me" something.

The 64, like the 63, has the VIN located on the cowl above the fire wall.20170728_182026.thumb.jpg.34f397b5e5d4424214fbde391f2481c2.jpg

OK Riviera People: 63 and 64 Rivs have a habit of the vin tags easily popping off. Due to the ugly beaurocracy of many state's Motor Vehicle agencies one MUST have a plan if they plan to sell or buy or even get the title flipped in their

name.  Mitch

`64 Chassis Service Manual calls for placement on the left front body hinge pillar above the lower hinge. My manual has been incorrect before.  I`m guessing that as it has dimples for mounting holes and what looks like some adhesive residue on the back , that it was mounted on the cowl.  Another mystery solved. Thanks Boys!

Edited by Scott Mckenzie (see edit history)

16 hours ago, lrlforfun said:

OK Riviera People: 63 and 64 Rivs have a habit of the vin tags easily popping off. Due to the ugly beaurocracy of many state's Motor Vehicle agencies one MUST have a plan if they plan to sell or buy or even get the title flipped in their

name.  Mitch

I've owned quite a few of these and have never had one "pop" off or had the state give me any grief about attachment or placement.  "If it aln't reported stolen, we don't care."