1927 buick master six distributor wanted

The United Motors Catalog calls the following as separate distributors.

1923 6 cyl

1924 & 1925 6 cyl

1926 & 1927 6 cyl

I know that the 1925 is pot metal.  It sounds like your 1927 is pot metal.  I am not sure of the differences, but I know people that use the 1923 because it is all steel and not potmetal, so they last.  I understand that you may be able to retrofit a newer distributor.  These do not need the expensive rotor and cap.  I don't know the specifics.

Hugh

airbrush,   I have a potmetal distributor out of a 24 or a 25 that is in good shape.  I also have several distributors out of 28 Buicks.  They are cast iron and use a different point set, dist cap and rotor.  P email me and we can talk and I can give you prices.     tsvanmeet@gmail.com   or   402-359-5762

Guest The Distributor Rebuilder
15 hours ago, airbrush said:

Hi,

I have a 1927 buick master six but the distributor looks like it was run over. Does anyone have one to sell please?

Hi, I have a rebuilt 1927 Buick pot metal distributor or I can supply you with a rebuilt later cast iron distributor set up to the proper specs for your Buick. Check out my WEBSITE www.TOMRISH.COM  or send me an EMAIL TOMRISH@YAHOO.COM or give me a call 717-353-3984

Tom

Edited by The Distributor Rebuilder
more information (see edit history)

6 hours ago, The Distributor Rebuilder said:

Hi, I have a rebuilt 1927 Buick pot metal distributor or I can supply you with a rebuilt later cast iron distributor set up to the proper specs for your Buick. Check out my WEBSITE www.TOMRISH.COM  or send me an EMAIL TOMRISH@YAHOO.COM or give me a call 717-353-3984

Tom

hi Tom how much do you want for the 27 one?

19 minutes ago, airbrush said:

Best to contact him directly for a quote with the info he has supplied.  Most of these specialty vendors do not constantly check the forum.

• Like 1

Guest The Distributor Rebuilder
56 minutes ago, airbrush said:

The 1927 pot metal distributor is not the way to go. I highly recommend you go with the 1928 cast iron distributor Delco Remy 640A.

The cast iron distributor will give you many years of trouble free service. When its time for a tune up you can get the parts at your local NAPA store.

The cast iron Delco Remy 640A distributor completely rebuilt and restored all set up for your Buick including all parts [i.e. distributor cap, rotor, points, condenser and all other necessary parts] guaranteed for 2 years. COST $325.00 Plus Sipping [no core charge].

Best Regards,

Tom