36 Dodge headlamp quetion.

Working on the '36 4dr DB. The headlights have a small bulb mounted inside the housing & what looks like a base for a larger single element bulb where the wiring passes thru. There's a "window" in the bottom of the mounting stand or pod. Is there a lens for this opening and what were the small & larger bulbs for?
Thanks. 

Posting for a customer.

19875178_1493228267400876_6102307719398456100_n.jpg

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

Many years ago, I had sealed beam conversions in my 1936 Dodge and these served as parking lights. The small window below the bulb would let the light from it shine through the sealed beam headlight and give a glow for parking lights.  

• Like 1

G'day ... I have just posted a new thread  looking for a Left side headlight stand for a 36 Dodge ... Is there a stand in that bucket?  If so can you post a photo of the stand on it`s own or casting number etc.so we have a better idea of what we are looking for ... Many thanks  Ken Lincoln

2 hours ago, Ken_Lincoln said:

G'day ... I have just posted a new thread  looking for a Left side headlight stand for a 36 Dodge ... Is there a stand in that bucket?  If so can you post a photo of the stand on it`s own or casting number etc.so we have a better idea of what we are looking for ... Many thanks  Ken Lincoln

I have the stands. I'll post pictures later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ken_Lincoln said:

Car or truck?

1st 2 pictures are for a 36 Dodge car.  The other is for a truck.     

1936 Dodge D2  (3).jpg

1936 Dodge D2  (4).jpg

20140423_130941.jpg

20140423_130944.jpg