water jacket cover inquiring

You dont mention series, however Bobs Automobilia has some listed:

http://bobsautomobilia.com/?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=water+jacket+cover&dispatch=products.search

As a last resort, what I have done is get a thin brass sheet, cut it to the same size as the original cover, match the bolt pattern and then put it behind the original cover. No one will know the difference when everything is painted.  Gasket goes between the brass sheet and block. Nothing between the sheet and original cover.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DonMicheletti said:

You dont mention series, however Bobs Automobilia has some listed:

http://bobsautomobilia.com/?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=water+jacket+cover&dispatch=products.search

As a last resort, what I have done is get a thin brass sheet, cut it to the same size as the original cover, match the bolt pattern and then put it behind the original cover. No one will know the difference when everything is painted.  Gasket goes between the brass sheet and block. Nothing between the sheet and original cover.

Thanks for that tip. Might have to do that. Series 40

If you replace the original pressed metal jacket ( specific to only 1934/35 Series 40 Buicks ) with flat plate you will further restrict flow and exacerbate your overheating problem.

My suggestion is find a repairable used one. the other thing to remember is there should be a baffle included which directs cooler water from the radiator to the rear four barrels - I'll see if I can find a previous thread on this issue and post it. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, 50jetback said:

If you replace the original pressed metal jacket ( specific to only 1934/35 Series 40 Buicks ) with flat plate you will further restrict flow and exacerbate your overheating problem.

My suggestion is find a repairable used one. the other thing to remember is there should be a baffle included which directs cooler water from the radiator to the rear four barrels - I'll see if I can find a previous thread on this issue and post it. 

thanks you