Ram manifolds

Guest laurarobinjones

Hello. I could only see the casting number of your left-side exhaust manifold. It is 3846559, which was used on 1964 Chevrolet full size passenger cars with 283 or 327 engines, and 1964 to 1971 Corvettes, with 327 or 350 V8 engines. This manifold featured a cast-in bracket for mounting bolt-on components, such as generator, with 3/8-16 bolt holes which faced the FRONT of your engine (towards radiator), instead of the driver's side fender. Since it was in use for so many model years, you'll need to look at the backside, to see when it was cast. You'll find an alpha-numeric date code, example, "C 23 8", which breaks down as March 23rd, 1968.

Matching right-side exhaust manifolds actually changed more often in those same model years, so I'll need that casting number to offer an assistance. IF by chance the casting numbers on the passenger-side manifold are not legible, the casting date code on your left one will help me to ID the right one, (assuming they are indeed a matched pair). 

Here is a photo of the component-mounting bracket I mentioned, which you will find on the front of that manifold with number 3846559. The photo is from the book I wrote for CARS & PARTS magazine several years ago, entitled CHEVY V8 CASTING NUMBERS, 1955-93. 

By the way, I also found the same manifold casting number listed in the book series my good friend Al Colvin wrote many years ago, with virtually identical identification information. So I'm pretty confident that this information is correct for you. 

Cheers! 

IMG_7714.JPG