Overdrive box

Re: building a 1935  Chrysler overdrive gear box for my 1937 Dodge D5 sedan. 

The input shaft and 2nd gear need to be replaced!  I have found  a few input shafts, part number 661300 without overdrive.

They look the same as the one I removed!

Can these but used?

What is the difference between the two shafts?

What is the part number of the overdrive shaft?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Does anybody have any that they are willing to part with?

Terry

Thanks for the input!

I don,t have a main  drive gear to compare with the one I removed! 

But looking at various photos it does appear to be the same.

The only way I can be sure is to take the punt and purchase a new standard one.

Then compared the two.

When I get it I will let you know!

Interesting. The Hollander 1952 says the T86-1P o/d trans. was fitted to Chrysler '37 C14 Imp., C16 Roy., and the DeSoto '37 and cost $12.58.

The OD trans. has case #670939. The main shaft is T86-2M, countershaft T86-2A, MDG T86-16J, idler shaft T86-35A. All other parts are the same as in 1T86-1 (w. brake) and T86-1 w.o. brake, w.o o/d, used in Chrys. '37 C14 imp, C16 Roy; DeSoto '37; Dodge '37 D5; Plymouth '37 All.

Interesting. The Hollander 1952 says the T86-1P o/d trans. was fitted to Chrysler '37 C14 Imp., C16 Roy., and the DeSoto '37 and cost $12.58.

The OD trans. has case #670939. The main shaft is T86-2M, countershaft T86-3A, MDG T86-10P, idler shaft T86-35A. All other parts are the same as in 1T86-1 (w. brake) and T86-1 w.o. brake, w.o o/d, used in Chrys. '37 C14 imp, C16 Roy; DeSoto '37; Dodge '37 D5; Plymouth '37 All.

T86-10P fits a lot of Chryco vehicles '37-51 as well as Stude '37-42 Comm. & Pres. and some trucks '41-46.

10 hours ago, countrytravler said:

We did the same. Had to change the sliders also.

I was thinking I'd relocate the shifter and rails back till the top was flush with the front of the transmission so it potentially would fit better in my '30 sedan. Got to looking at the difference between the input shafts of the 30 and 39 boxes and decided I'd figure something else out. I came across a 36 R6 and might try that one instead as I like the fully mechanical overdrive better.