The World's Cheapest AF Speedster Build

Taylormade

I would love to build an AF speedster, but I'm short on two vital items - time and money.  Both are going into the restoration of my 32 Dodge Brothers sedan.  Not quite as exotic, but satisfying none the less.  So I'm doing the next best thing - building a speedster in my computer.  I've only been working on this for a day, so there is lots of work to do, but I thought I'd show you some initial renderings.  The color textures are still very basic and the rear of the speedster hasn't been started yet.  This is what I have so far.  Making the chain will be the hardest part of the build.  The last picture is of a Miller race car I did last year.  This is what the final renders look like.

589a3e4eb5b7c_screencap1.thumb.png.7a2137c9ece2c429cc98bec0b123b67b.png589a3e4ace0a9_render1.thumb.jpg.20b6ab17e60a31606541ff3a7cbaf798.jpg

589a3fc02a12c_render3small.thumb.jpg.3913705417a1aabc4df48dd54c7c5abc.jpg

• Like 1

I'm using Blender.  It's free, developed by some Scandinavian guys who didn't think it was fair to charge five grand and up for 3D computer apps.  It has a steep learning curve, but YouTube has hundreds of video tutorials you can use to learn the basics.  As far as reflections go, the surfaces reflect light just as a real object would.  Some of this is due to the "lens" you use when rendering the final image and the type of "lights" you have set up in your render.  You can also adjust how shiny the surfaces are.  i went with high reflectivity for that render, but might tone it down a bit for a more realistic look in later renders.