1925/26/27 Model 70 Ignition/light and Choke Oval switches

Guest Stork

Hello,

Looking into purchasing a Model 70 that has these two switches missing. Where would one go about finding these parts and the 'behind the dash' hardware and how it is supposed to hook up?

Below is a picture of the exact dash with all switches. The car I am looking at is missing four instruments: far left and far right ovals (Ignition/light switch and Choke) and right and left ovals inside (which I believe to be the speedometer and clock). Please correct me if I am wrong since I have never really seen this dash set up before.

Thanks in advance for any help!

46205029700300_tmp_org.jpg

Edited by Stork (see edit history)

Hi,

The picture shows a 1927 Chrysler finer 70. Before you look for gauges check out the fedco plate serial number on the dash to confirm it is a finer 70. The 1925 and 1926 centre gauges look the same, but will not fit a Finer 70. The light switch and choke ovals are very similar on both cars, but I haven't  checked to see if they interchange.

I'm restoring a 1926 model G70 and I bought my touring body and 2 sets of these central gauges in Australia in 2015. The gauge panel on the G70 is slightly different in shape so the finer 70 ones do not fit my car. I have now obtained the correct ones for my car so I'm prepared to sell off the finer 70 ones for what they cost me.

The one set is complete and looks in good shape apart from a small cover missing on the back of the clock and the temp gauge tube is  damaged, so the gauge will need to be repaired.

The light switch and choke parts I'm using and sorry I don't have spare.

If you are interested  please pm me your email and I will send you some pictures.

Best regards

Viv.

• 1 month later...
Guest Phil46

If I was able to post this photo, I am sure that some of you will recognize the car in question as well as see what it is missing.  I should be finalizing the sale in two weeks.  Can anyone help me with the missing switches and gauges? Or, have any dire warnings for me?

Thanks,

Phil in Maryland

1927-Chrysler-Dash 3.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Phil937 said:

Just an update.  I have all of the switches, speedo and clock. 

What I can use is the aluminum (or rubber) surround for the shifter and hand brake as seen in the picture from Stork.

Hey Phil937 i know this post old but im trying to track down clock and switches driving lights and switch either side of dash cluster.

Do you have or know of anyone who has any. This is last piece needed to finish car

Do you have any parts of the switches?  I have the nickel plated ovals that surround the switches and may have a source for the switch handles.  The speedo and clock I can't help you with.   I am still looking for the ribbed floor plate and the shifter/brake floor surround.  Contact me directly at pjuaia@comcast.net

On Wednesday, July 05, 2017 at 11:01 PM, Phil937 said:
22 hours ago, Phil937 said:

Do you have any parts of the switches?  I have the nickel plated ovals that surround the switches and may have a source for the switch handles.  The speedo and clock I can't help you with.   I am still looking for the ribbed floor plate and the shifter/brake floor surround.  Contact me directly at pjuaia@comcast.net

Thanks Phil i will keep looking