well this is new turn of events.... buzzer

Guest saints

Guest saints

Ok I started my car up. and when I started driving I get a buzzer sound inside the car with me. when I put the brakes on it seems to stop. But i pulled in my drive and put it in park and it kept sounding. any ideas where this horrible noise is coming from? it sounds like a buzzer on a game show. Ive heard it before for a brief second while turning sharp. Thanks in advance 

Guest saints

well its a special and I wasnt sure if those came with one. I thought of that but I thought there would be a way to set it or adjust speed maybe or buzzer or something 

Seems to me there is a knob under the dash that's turned to set the limit, if the car does indeed have the speed set option. I'm assuming you have a 58. That's the only buzzer I can think of that might be aboard your car ..............Bob 

There is a relay attached to the vent door cage under the drivers side of the dash.  It is black.  This is where your noise is coming from.  Odd that it is just buzzing without moving, though.  You may have a short in your wiring harness.  Have you tried to locate the issue with your power wire yet?

Guest saints

ok I finally found it. It would go away and then come back and go away again. I had taken the negative cable off the battery as I was changing bulbs and had my hand crammed around wires. I didnt put it back on good and it would pop off and the buzzer would sound and then it would make good contact and it would go off. guess it has to do with my charging system. I reattached the cable better and the noise has not come back. odd 

my car is a 58 buick special sorry