Do you wish you never sold your first car?

auburnseeker

Have you sold your first car and regretted it or do you still have it and think it's one of the best things you ever did was to keep it?

Up until ~2 years ago, I was able to say I still had my 1st car.  But, no job since February 2012 & no income since September 2013 forced me to change that.  So, I sold it.  Regret it in some ways, don't in others.  But, mainly sad about it ... & hurt-angry-disgusted at the circumstances that forced me to sell.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (awaiting new owner)
"When you slammed the front door shut, a lot of others opened up" __ Chris Daughtry __ 'Over You'

I have bought and sold so many cars that I have lost count.....and do not miss them.  Like some of you they had well over 250,000++ miles and they were ready for the next stage in their travel through time.  Actually saw my first car a '63 Buick Special station wagon in the salvage yard about a year after I sold it.

But.... we have kept some of the special cars. 

The Corvette we bought as a wedding present for ourselves 37+ years ago.  Still have it and it brings back great memories every time we go for a drive. 

The VW camper  bought when we started having kids so we would have a place to camp in.  The kids went from not wanting to be seen in the camper to now they all want it.  Funny how times change.  Wife and I are going camping in it this weekend.

I doubt my wife will part with her Camaro and I have no plans to sell the Buick trucks.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)