1956 Windlace

Long Roof

I need a little guidance on the interior of my 1956 Century wagon. The two pictures are the passenger side door jamb. The dark green channel with the white cardboard next to it appears to be a U channel to accept the kick panel. It will come off by removing screws. It would then appear that the windlace goes directly behind this U channel. What is the channel that the screwdriver is pointing to in the second photo? It runs from the floor to the bottom of the dash. My car did not even have remnants of the trim in this area so I don’t have anything to go by.

Can someone post a photo of the windlace and trim in this area?

Thanks for any help.

post-106099-0-65572100-1441074668_thumb.

post-106099-0-13069800-1441074679_thumb.

On my Super, there is a rubber strip that goes in there.  It goes from the floor all the way to the top of the dash panel.  I tried to get some pictures in the garage, but I don't think it shows too well cause of all the dark colors in this area.  And I have never had that out so I have no idea what the back looks like either.  I will try to get some daylight photos later today. 

Mike is correct. The windlace actually has two beads sewn in. The larger, about 1/2" is what seals the door gap. The smaller about 3/16" is sewn parallel To the large one. The small one slips into the groove you point out and is trapped by the slot. A good way to install the lace is to remove the metal retainer strip. Slide the lace into the slot and then screw the retainer in place. Remember to leave at least 12+ inches at the top and 3+ at the bottom. The top piece goes up along the dash and the bottom under the sill.............Bob

I had wondered about a rubber seal but the doors already have the large weather strips on them. 

I can see that a second bead string sewn into might work. I have some cording left over from the seats that looks to be about the right size.

Thanks a lot for the replies. Long weekend coming up maybe I will make some progress.