lincoln v12 identification

chanan

Any chance you can post a picture? There's the Lincoln Continental/Zephyr V-12 that was made from 1936 - 1948, and then there were a couple larger V-12's from 1932 - 1939. If the distributor is at the front of the engine it's a Continental/Zephyr engine, if the distributor is at the back, it's an earlier one. The earlier ones will have the serial number stamped on the drivers side of the aluminum crankcase and would start with the letter "K". I don't know where the serial number is for the later Continental/Zephyr engines.

Thanks Dave for the info. I managed to clean up the flywheel housing,the heads and the intake. The numbers on the intake(plate fastened by two scrrews) are 9.9.46, denoting the year??? The distributor is in the front.

This car is a LZ sedan with 17,000 miles. Originally from the Ford museum and just advertised on LZOC website.

K8096, I am trying to provide pictures, but the first try in sending them did not work. The number on the rt head is 26h 6049 ?85, the lt head is 26h-6050 h9-6 and flywheel housing looks like B2 or 82

Thanks for all the assistance

Robert

OK, so with the distributor in front your engine is obviously a 1936 - 1948 Zephyr/Continental engine. I'll let others respond from here on out as I don't know a lot about them, I'm more knowlegeble on the earlier K models. Good luck!

Thanks Dave for the info. I managed to clean up the flywheel housing,the heads and the intake. The numbers on the intake(plate fastened by two scrrews) are 9.9.46, denoting the year??? The distributor is in the front.

This car is a LZ sedan with 17,000 miles. Originally from the Ford museum and just advertised on LZOC website.

K8096, I am trying to provide pictures, but the first try in sending them did not work. The number on the rt head is 26h 6049 ?85, the lt head is 26h-6050 h9-6 and flywheel housing looks like B2 or 82

Thanks for all the assistance

Robert

9.9.46 on the intake is september 9th 1946 making it a 46 motor but I don't know when Lincoln went back to the 41 smaller V 12. The 42 and early 46 were the 305 but later in 46 they went back to the 41. Basically the same motor with a larger bore. Lee Fort Myers,Fl.

• 7 years later...

No, isn’t in sale. Buy this in England because i love this engine. Now haven’t a project, think was a good price so buy. Now is in transit. Hope is all ok. 

If is a 305 is a good news?

Thanks for all. If you can give me others specs are very appreciate. Thanks

PS

305 or 306?

and, intake may have been replaced. as I can see if the engine is a 305 or 267? Selle offer it as 267

Edited by Mirko 73 (see edit history)