Coachbuilt Cadillac??

addicted to cars

I had a 79 Fleetwood Brougham station wagon and have seen photos of Eldorado conversions but this is the first I've seen on the 67 - 70 model. The factory never built them but some were done by well known companies like Hess & Eisenhardt. My 79 was done by some unknown body shop and the work was terrible, required massive work to repair rust and finish things left undone. Good luck to that guy getting that price!

There are 2 major types of Eldorado dation wagons that were built through 1978. One was the Cadillac Castillian station wagon, which had a third small parallelogram shaped window on the side.

This type is also found commonly (on Yahoo image searches anyway, I eventually found about 6 or 7). I don't know the manufacturer, but the identical treatment can be found on 1969-1978 cars just by doing an image search. They all have the identical side window and slightly raised rear roof with vinyl covering.

These types of Eldorado conversions were covered on the Cadillac/LaSalle forum about a year ago or so. You should post this there as they have some real experts. Pretty sure there were more than two made but many do not survive. Limited interest in these. That's a steep price, even the ultra desireable (to some) 1949/50 Cadillac Wagons with glass in the roofs would be about half of this one.

• 8 years later...