HELP. Studebaker Avanti, Avanti II, or Avanti

Guest BREH

I would like to buy one, which year is the most reliable, and easy to got parts for. Rightnow I'm leaning to

a 1964 R2 With auto trans. Any info to help me in my search, Please.

Also what problems to look for.

Thanks

After Studebaker went out of business another company took over the Avanti and continued making them until 1984. Most reliable and easy to get parts for would be the last ones from the early 80s. After 1963 they had Chev engines and trannies, and the last ones also had GM brakes and other parts.

The Avanti is a popular car with collectors and well supported for parts.

After Studebaker went out of business another company took over the Avanti and continued making them until 1984. Most reliable and easy to get parts for would be the last ones from the early 80s. After 1963 they had Chev engines and trannies, and the last ones also had GM brakes and other parts.

The Avanti is a popular car with collectors and well supported for parts.

Not quite right.

For Breh, I suggest you contact the forum of the Studebaker Drivers Club or the Avanti Owners Association International for the real story, and the help you need.

Good luck!

Guest Gary Hearn

Studebaker was still in the car business when Nate Altman and Leo Newman bought the Avanti rights and assets. The early Avanti II's were a carryover of Studebaker components with Chevrolet 327 engines replacing the Studebaker 289/304 power plants. Studebaker built Avanti's for the '64 model year (I formerly owned #5400) and Avanti II's began production in 1965 but are cars are typically recognized as 1966 models.

Edited by Gary Hearn (see edit history)

Not quite right.

For Breh, I suggest you contact the forum of the Studebaker Drivers Club or the Avanti Owners Association International for the real story, and the help you need.

Good luck!

i agree check out both these organizations for lots correct information. Parts are available for most all years including the early years. As the owner of a 64 Avanti R 2 I am one that believes the only real Avantis were those produce by Studebaker in 63 and 64.